Tips for increasing reliability, security and privacy
Reliability, security and privacy on the internet are important. Protection of your data and privacy are therefore our priority. Read more about the measures we take for this on a daily basis . Read on below for tips on the measures you can take for this. Also look at https://veiliginternetten.nl/
What can you do?
We have prepared the tips below for you that you can use to ensure your own security and privacy.
1. As is the case with any website, it is good to observe the rules for safe internet use: change your password regularly, make sure that you log out when using a public computer and use the latest version of an internet browser. Click here For more information.
2. When you have come into contact with each other via VIPvoorelkaar, it is wise to see if there is a mutual click during an introductory meeting. You can also discuss your wishes, requirements and any agreements regarding (travel) reimbursement (see tip 9).
3. Be careful in your communication with those requesting help. Make sure that you ALWAYS answer emails from people seeking help as quickly as possible, so that the person requesting help knows where he/she stands. If you make a promise or make an appointment, keep it. If for some reason it is not possible, communicate clearly with the person to whom you have made the commitment or with whom you have made an appointment.
4. VIPvoorelkaar uses a reference system. You can view the experience of others about this user in the personal user profile. Tip: a reference is also a great way to thank someone!
5. Before you meet, ask your contact for personal information to verify his or her identity. For example, his or her Facebook, LinkedIn or Google+ page. Also consider a curriculum vitae.
6. Ask your contact to bring a legal ID (and bring this yourself!). An honest person will have no problem with this. A second option: request a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) in consultation with each other. The VOG is a statement showing that a person's behavior does not constitute an obstacle to the performance of a specific task or function in society. The disadvantages of this are the costs and the limited information: information is only provided about whether someone has been convicted of a criminal offence. More information can be found on the website of the Ministry of Security and Justice.
7. Choose a public or neutral place for the first meeting. For example the library, a cafe or the office of an organization.
8. Bring someone you trust to the introductory meeting.
9. Trust your gut. What kind of feeling does the person in you evoke? What makes you feel this way? Do you want to build a personal relationship with this person?
10. During the introductory meeting, make clear agreements about the help that is offered, the way of dealing with each other and/or any reimbursements and insurance. If desired, you can draw up and sign a contract together.
11. If you have read the above tips and if you find it difficult to undertake this process independently, we can offer you guidance. You can contact the VIP counter for this.
12. Keep us informed. Do you feel that a particular person has wrong intentions? Please contact us . We are happy to help you. You can also contact us for other questions!
VIPvoorelkaar wishes you every success in finding the right person for your request or offer of help!